Translate

Friday, February 8, 2013

Snowed in! So we must bake a banana chocolate walnut loaf.

Look at me, all suave and sexy
 
My apologies to those who've been following this blog only to find my last post all the way from last year!

It's been quite manic yet eventful over the last couple of weeks, and today, oh snowy friday, was the perfect day to bake. One sorry and bruised banana sat on the kitchen counter, calling out desperately with its sad sad brown 'eyes' ....for mercy.

OK then.

Banana bread it is!

(Anything involving sorry bananas can be turn into a deliciously sexy loaf :)

Below is a recipe adapted from the Food Network for Marbled Banana Bread:

Ingredients:

1 large over ripe banana
1/2 cup full fat plain yogurt or buttermilk
1/4 cup canola oil
2/3 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
3 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
About 120 g roughly chopped 70% dark chocolate
About 75 g roughly chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Mash banana with a fork until liquid. Combine with yogurt, oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla and mix until homogeneous.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, powder, soda, and salt.

Add flour mixture into banana mixture and mix until well incorporated.

Add chocolate and walnuts.

Pour into greased 7 inch x 4 inch loaf pan. Bake for roughly 40 - 50 mins depending on your oven, temperature, weather, power, country, etc. Have a long toothpick/wooden skewer thing on hand so that you can stick it into your loaf - to see if it comes out clean!

Bon appetit!

Non-stop snow for at least 12 hours now....


5 comments:

  1. Truly I admire your reasoning :)
    Do you think I could use the excuse of being bored? ;)
    Yum!!!

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen! I have missed your blog post but so glad to see your latest one that is truly scrumptious! We have had a few snow days here in MI too and I wish I had some bananas to make this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't the heavy snow just make you want to bake and bake and bake and bake?

      Stay warm!!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! This looks soooo good!
    I will definitely try this tomorrow.
    We are expecting another snow storm so I'm retty sure the kids are home from school, this would be a perfect recipe for them to make with me.

    ReplyDelete